Hello. I'm juliet-i3, who is in charge of iOS mobile app development at i3 Systems, Inc. .
I have been working on mobile app development for more than 10 years and every year, as iOS version updates, we are also trying to update our mobile apps to the latest version of iOS.
Have you ever struggled with updating your mobile application to the latest version of iOS? In this article, I would like to introduce how i3 Systems, Inc. supports the latest version of iOS.
Written in English?
Yes, since one of the driving forces of i3 Systems, Inc. is diversity. Everyone, including women and individuals from abroad, can express their personalities naturally through work. So, this article is written in English.
About iOS Mobile Apps of i3 Systems, Inc.
About yearly iOS updates
We, at iOS mobile app development, make sure that we deliver a modernized iOS mobile app with the latest technology that Apple offers. So, as the iOS updates every year, we are also updating our mobile apps to the latest iOS version and SDK to ensure optimum quality.
This is how we do our mobile app updates at i3 Systems, Inc.:
1. Researching about the latest iOS version and SDK
- Join WWDC or watch WWDC videos and look for changes of the functionalities or behaviors that will affect our iOS mobile apps. WWDC - Wikipedia
In our experience, when iPhone or iPad is updated to the latest version of iOS, there are problems with application crashes) and some unexpected behaviors to our mobile apps. We don't want our users to experience incovenience while using our apps. So we made sure that at the moment they updated to the latest version of iOS, we can release as soon as possible. So, we divided our updating to the latest version in two parts. 1. Fix the bugs found in iPhone or iPad that runs on the latest version of iOS with our currently released mobile apps. 2. Build our apps on the latest iOS SDK. The iOS SDK (iOS Software Development Kit), combined with Xcode, helps developers write iOS applications.
2. Updating for the latest iOS version
- When Apple releases iOS beta version, the Quality Assurance (QA) team of i3 Systems, Inc. will test it right away on iPhone and iPad. This year our Quality Assurance (QA) team started testing at beta 5.
- The Quality Assurance (QA) team will register the bugs found on JIRA and notify the development.
* Development team will create the schedule according to the bugs found, ask for approval and release accordingly.
Common bugs found when updating to the latest iOS version (iOS14)
- When url's link were long pressed, only copy menu item was displayed. Expected menu items:
- And a lot more...
3. Updating for the latest iOS SDK
Since, iOS SDK is dependent to the version of Xcode. * We, at development team, changed the XCode to the latest version, re-built and tested all our iOS mobile apps. All tasks are managed by JIRA. Like for instance when we do the update to XCode 11.
* All the bugs found are registered and managed by JIRA. * Development team will create the schedule according to the bugs found, ask for approval and release accordingly.
Common bugs/features found when updating to the latest iOS SDK
- When dark-mode settings was introduced, our apps are not yet ready to it. So for the mean time, we are avoiding dark mode settings by always making it on light mode.
- Modal dialog can now be displayed showing previous dialogs instead of full screen.
- Menu items are now shown by haptic touch instead of long-pressing the links and there are also additional menu items that were introduced.
- And a lot more...
We, at iOS Mobile app development team, are doing our best to deliver apps that uses the latest technology to ensure quality, security, stability, usability, and maintainability. Thus bringing smile not only to us but also to all our users.